- I am a self-taught designer and developer, based in Singapore.
- I believe that great design is timeless, intuitive and aesthetic.
- I have learnt that coding standards and best practices are absolutely critical for the long-term success of any software project.
- I see teamwork, open communication and compassion as the most key values for working together.
- I realised that adaptability, curiosity and humility are the most important qualities to have for succeeding in the tech industry.
- Knowledge of UX methods like competitive analysis, task flows, user scenarios, personas and interviewing for the creation and testing of UX deliverables
- Highly proficient in HTML and CSS (with Sass) for rapid prototyping in the browser
- Familiar with Unix-based server setup (LAMP stack) for website deployment and very comfortable working in the command line environment
- Skilled in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch for the creation of web assets
I'm currently a Senior Frontend Developer at Shopify on the Website Platform team where we work on Shopify.com and all its regional sites.
As a Developer Advocate, my job is to build relationships and support the developer community through learning, creating, sharing and helping others. I act as the interface between developer communities and the Nexmo product team to ensure our products provide a great developer experience.
- Building and maintaining quick start samples, demos, example apps and other developer productivity tools and enablers
- Writing blog posts and tutorials, and using social media in order to share knowledge, request feedback, collaborate and engage with fellow developers
- Contribute to and provide feedback on APIs, SDKs, documentation and product functionality through hands-on development, individual opinion, discussions with the developer community and by organising and running beta/alpha programmes
I was a Senior Developer in charge of the user interfaces and front-end development of Jewel Paymentech's suite of products, and my days consisted of:
- Optimising and refactoring existing codebases to improve the performance of our products, and customer's user experience
- Standardising coding style and improving front-end documentation to facilitate the on-boarding of new team members
- Establishing a style guide for Jewel Paymentech products for a consistent branding and ease of new product development
- Building of prototypes or proof-of-concept systems for explorative research projects
- Working closely with other team members across various disciplines to continually enhance our existing product line and develop new products
I was a Front-end engineer focused on the development of user interfaces and front-end development of web and mobile applications, and I was mostly doing things like:
- Providing input and developing user interfaces for each phase of the application development life cycle, from ideation to design and development till release and support
- Assisting in building prototypes or proof-of-concept systems for explorative research projects
- Working closely with other team members across various disciplines to develop software applications
I was a Senior developer responsible for planning and architecting website implementation projects, as well as management of resources. I focused on all things front-end related, making sure our code base adhered to the latest web standards and was performant and accessible. A typical day in the office usually involved:
- Working closely with designers, providing direction on the viability of proposed designs
- Planning and designing front-end architecture for scalability and maintainability
- Re-factoring and resurrecting legacy code to adhere to modern web standards
- Developing bespoke websites for a variety of clients and campaigns
- Assessing hardware requirements for optimal server provisioning
- Creating custom front-end frameworks for large-scale responsive web projects
I was a Drupal architect and worked on a variety of projects with several major clients, including DBS bank, Mediacorp and Microsoft as well as the San Francisco International Airport. I honed all my web development chops here and this was what I spent my time doing:
- Design responsive layouts, typography and site components for optimal user experience
- Develop responsive custom Drupal themes written in Sass and Susy
- Build, deploy and maintain Drupal sites using best practices to ensure scalability and security
- Submit patches and bug fixes to contrib modules
- Develop and continually tweak a minimal base-theme to facilitate custom theme development
- Write blog posts on Drupal and other web-related topics
I was part of the Project Management Office on a Core Banking Implementation for a Major Banking Group in Malaysia as an Associate consultant. Working with a team of more than a hundred strong highlighted the importance of accountability, communication and documentation. I managed the overall project issue log as well as prepared weekly updates to project leadership. I was also responsible for defect analysis, and liaised with the developers to facilitate issue resolution.
I was a web developer for the Malaysia Basketball Association from 2009 to 2010, which is when I got my first taste of web development. At the same time, I served as the editorial board for the publication of the Fundamental Ways to Better Basketball manual. I also took on a variety of graphic design engagements between 2006 till 2011.
University of Nottingham
(2006-2008) BA (Hons) Finance, Accounting and Management (2:1)
Click here to download the official-looking, formal PDF version.