- I am a self-taught designer and developer, based in Singapore.
- I believe that great design is timeless, intuitive and aesthetic.
- I have learnt that coding standards and best practices are absolutely critical for the long-term success of any software project.
- I see teamwork, open communication and compassion as the most key values for working together.
- I realised that adaptability, curiosity and humility are the most important qualities to have for succeeding in the tech industry.
- Involved with web standards development (predominantly CSS and internationalisation)
- Highly proficient in HTML and CSS (with Sass) for rapid prototyping in the browser
- Prior experience in variety of languages and frameworks for web projects, including Ruby on Rails, Python (Flash) and PHP (Drupal)
- Familiar with Unix-based server setups for website deployment and very comfortable working in the command line environment
Developer Experience Engineer responsible for architecting and developing the documentation infrastructure for the Interledger network by:
- Building and maintaining an open-source, performant and customisable documentation platform
- Collaborating closely with the team’s technical writers as well as the open-source community to develop the platform roadmap
Senior Frontend Developer on the Website Platform team, which worked on Shopify.com and all its regional sites, and later the Partners team, where we worked on the platform for Shopify Partners. I was involved in a number of projects, notably:
- The migration and maintenance of the Shopify.cn website from external Drupal application back to Shopify’s internal tech stack and deployment pipeline
- The ccTLD migration project which executed code changes across multiple codebases and fully documented a clear migration playbook that allowed non-developers to undertake the process themselves
- The migration to a new React-based tech stack for the Shopify.com codebase
- The implementation of the redesign for Partners home page and Affiliates home page on Shopify.com
- The Partners dashboard home page project, for which I championed, coordinating with all the different stakeholders, crafting the build plan, organising tasks as well as building out the frontend for the home page
Developer Advocate acting as the interface between developer communities and the Nexmo product team to ensure our products provided a great developer experience by:
- Building and maintaining quick start samples, demos, example apps and other developer productivity tools and enablers
- Writing blog posts and tutorials, and using social media in order to share knowledge, request feedback, collaborate and engage with fellow developers
- Contribute to and provide feedback on APIs, SDKs, documentation and product functionality through hands-on development, individual opinion, discussions with the developer community and by organising and running beta/alpha programmes
Senior Developer in charge of the user interfaces and front-end development of Jewel Paymentech's suite of products, and my days consisted of:
- Optimising and refactoring existing codebases to improve the performance of our products, and customer's user experience
- Standardising coding style and improving front-end documentation to facilitate the on-boarding of new team members
- Establishing a style guide for Jewel Paymentech products for a consistent branding and ease of new product development
- Building of prototypes or proof-of-concept systems for explorative research projects
- Working closely with other team members across various disciplines to continually enhance our existing product line and develop new products
Front-end engineer focused on the development of user interfaces and front-end development of web and mobile applications, and I was mostly doing things like:
- Providing input and developing user interfaces for each phase of the application development life cycle, from ideation to design and development till release and support
- Assisting in building prototypes or proof-of-concept systems for explorative research projects
- Working closely with other team members across various disciplines to develop software applications
Senior developer responsible for planning and architecting website implementation projects, as well as management of resources. I focused on all things front-end related, making sure our code base adhered to the latest web standards and was performant and accessible. A typical day in the office usually involved:
- Working closely with designers, providing direction on the viability of proposed designs
- Planning and designing front-end architecture for scalability and maintainability
- Re-factoring and resurrecting legacy code to adhere to modern web standards
- Developing bespoke websites for a variety of clients and campaigns
- Assessing hardware requirements for optimal server provisioning
- Creating custom front-end frameworks for large-scale responsive web projects
Drupal architect who worked on a variety of projects with several major clients, including DBS bank, Mediacorp and Microsoft as well as the San Francisco International Airport. I honed all my web development chops here and this was what I spent my time doing:
- Design responsive layouts, typography and site components for optimal user experience
- Develop responsive custom Drupal themes written in Sass and Susy
- Build, deploy and maintain Drupal sites using best practices to ensure scalability and security
- Submit patches and bug fixes to contrib modules
- Develop and continually tweak a minimal base-theme to facilitate custom theme development
- Write blog posts on Drupal and other web-related topics
I was part of the Project Management Office on a Core Banking Implementation for a Major Banking Group in Malaysia as an Associate consultant. Working with a team of more than a hundred strong highlighted the importance of accountability, communication and documentation. I managed the overall project issue log as well as prepared weekly updates to project leadership. I was also responsible for defect analysis, and liaised with the developers to facilitate issue resolution.
I was a web developer for the Malaysia Basketball Association from 2009 to 2010, which is when I got my first taste of web development. At the same time, I served as the editorial board for the publication of the Fundamental Ways to Better Basketball manual. I also took on a variety of graphic design engagements between 2006 till 2011.
University of Nottingham
(2006-2008) BA (Hons) Finance, Accounting and Management (2:1)
Click here to download the official-looking, formal PDF version.